MYS038: A year ago, police announced they’d caught the notorious Golden State Killer using an entirely new method. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss the decades-long hunt for the killer and why the method used may make it harder for other criminals to get away with their crimes.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Golden State Killer on Wikipedia
- I’ll Be Gone In the Dark, by Michelle McNamara
- Evil Has a Name: The Untold Story of the Golden State Killer Investigation
- Amazon Prime documentary series The Golden State Killer: It’s Not Over
- FBI recording of killer’s message
- Fruit of the Poisonous Tree on Wikipedia
- News report on GSK arrest
- Friend and co-worker speaks out
- Former wife makes statement
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s blog and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
- Does a new genetic analysis finally reveal the identity of Jack the Ripper?
- Archaeological Geneticists Call Jack The Ripper DNA Study “Unpublishable Nonsense”