Of all the Dead Sea Scrolls, one stands out because it’s made of copper and contains directions for finding a huge secret cache of treasure. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli talk about the origins of the scroll, what it says, and Jimmy’s own unique theory for why it exists.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using iTunes | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- MYS009: The Mystery of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- The Copper Scroll on Wikipedia
- The Great Courses has an excellent course by OT scholar Gary Rendsburg
- The Modern Scholar also has an excellent course by Rabbi Lawrence Schiffman
- Wikipedia on the Confidence Trick
- Photo of the Copper Scroll provided by Tom McDonald of WeirdCatholic.com
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s blog and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback