MYS042: King Tut is one of the most famous pharaohs of Egypt, but a mystery surrounds his death, including being wiped from history for 3,300 years. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss Tutankhamun’s life and death and power politics machinations that compare with the most complex Game of Thrones plot lines.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using iTunes | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Bob Brier’s Great Courses History of Ancient Egypt
- Bob Brier’s book The Murder of Tutankhamen
- Wikipedia on King Tut
- Skeptical article formerly on National Geographic web site
- Short video on chariot accident reconstruction
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s blog and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
- Two Mummies in One Coffin Discovered in 5,000-Year Old Cemetery
- Egypt Before the Pharaohs; 7,000 Year Old Village Discovered