TEC134: Starlink promises to provide high-speed Internet access anywhere on Earth. Fr. Cory Sticha and Joanne Mercier discuss Fr. Cory’s experiences as a beta tester of the service. Plus Facebook’s woes, Windows 11, and Apple shares Charlie Brown with PBS.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus are down. Here’s what we know [Updated] | Ars Technica
- Facebook used facial recognition without consent 200,000 times, says South Korea’s data watchdog • The Register
- Report: Windows 11 on unsupported PCs means no security updates either – Neowin
- Apple TV+ ‘Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ to air on PBS on October 24 | AppleInsider
Picks of the Week:
- Joanne: Vertical Laptop Stand for Desk
- Joanne: WYZE Cam v3
- Fr. Cory: Android 12: Everything you need to know | Android Central
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.