SSA006: Enter the captivating world of Bouguereau’s art. Alix Murray and Kathryn Laffrey explore this 19th-century painter’s works, its fame and fall from grace in the 20th century, and the profound historical, religious, and artistic significance and why it remains so popular among Catholics.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Watch this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer The Secrets of Sacred Art. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Bouguereau Website
- All Saints Day (Le Jour Des Morts) – 1859
- Charity – 1878
- Charity or The Indigent Family – 1865
- Holy Women at the Sepulcher
- L’Innocence (Innocence)
- Song of the Angels
- The Flagellation of Christ
- The Madonna of the Lilies
- The Madonna of the Roses
- The Virgin Lamb
- Three Marys at the Tomb
- Zenobia Found By Shepherds On The Banks Of The Araxes
- The Shepherd David (1895)
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.