In this episode: Maria Johnson, Jeff Nielsen, Fr. Cory Sticha
Montana wildfires and rain; Ministering to the Native American community; Nuns and schools; Maria going on Cuban pilgrimage; Pope in U.S. and media attention; Absolving the sin of abortion; Maria’ wedding anniversary; 450th anniversary of the first Catholic Mass celebrated in the U.S.; Facebook name policies.
Links discussed during the show:
- Preorder Maria’s book, My Badass Book of Saints: Courageous Women Who Showed Me How to Love (SQPN Affiliate Link)
- Pope Francis tells Americans to “Be Courageous”
- For Year of Mercy, Pope Francis extends possibilities for absolution
Picks of the Week
- Maria: DragonCon
- Jeff: Lisa Hendey’s son, Adam, has an IndieGogo campaign currently running. He is trying to raise $5,000 so that he can record his debut solo album. His campaign is in its last days. Please consider donating to his campaign.
- Fr Cory: Chris Stefanick on Fr. Vincent Capodanno
Click here to find out where to find your favorite Catholic Weekend personalities!