Who was the mysterious doctor in the 1960s who dosed celebrities and even a president with his outlandish concoctions? Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli explore the story of Max Jacobson, Dr. Feelgood, and how he affected the JFK presidency.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Max Jacobson on Wikipedia
- The Secret Service Gave Him the Code Name “Dr. Feelgood”
- What Jackie Kennedy Didn’t Say—and Didn’t Know
- Dr. Feelgood by Richard Lertzman and William Birnes
- The Original Dr. Feelgood — “Everybody Went to Max”
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s blog and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected]