Christmas is December 25, but was that the actual date Jesus was born? Some claim evidence from the Bible and temple rituals. Other say evidence from the Bible show it isn’t or that it was just a co-opting of a pagan festival. Does it even matter? Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli look at the claims and counter-claims about what we can and can’t prove about when Jesus was born.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Jimmy’s article on December 25
- Jack Finegan, Handbook of Biblical Chronology, 2nd ed.
- Chronology of 354
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s blog and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected]
- Scientist Explains Why Genetically Engineered Chinese Babies Are More Shocking Than You Might Realize (Science Alert)
- Shouting Match Erupts Over Whether Oumuamua Is an Alien Spacecraft (Salon)
- Oumuamua Is Not Aliens (PBS Space Time)