Thirty-three centuries ago, Egypt was ruled by a strange, heretic pharaoh who upended Egyptian society. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss the mysteries surrounding the pharaoh some call the first monotheist in history, Akhenaten.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Wikipedia on Akhenaten
- Wikipedia on the Amarna Period
- Wikipedia on Akhenaten’s mummy
- Great Courses The History of Ancient Egypt, by Bob Brier
- Akhenaten and the Origins of Monotheism, by James K. Hoffmeier
- DNA debate
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s blog and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback