The Russian woodpecker was a mysterious radio signal that began in 1976, originating in the Soviet Union and heard around the world. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss its purpose, its connection to Chernobyl, and why it suddenly stopped.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Wikipedia on the Russian Woodpecker
- Russian Woodpecker documentary
- Article on Chernobyl theory
- Atomic Accidents: A History of Nuclear Meltdowns and Disasters: From the Ozark Mountains to Fukushima
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s blog and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
- Purple and Green STEVE (Strong Thermal Emission Velocity Enhancement) Northern Lights Phenomenon
- Supernova May Have Prevented Earth from Being Barren Water World