Over the past 50 years, the music of John Williams has been the soundtrack of some of the greatest movies of our time. Dom Bettinelli, Mike Creavey, and Angela Sealana discuss the man and his music and how it is integral to the stories it helped to tell.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using iTunes | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Movies and TV Shows. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- John Williams on Wikipedia
- John Williams’ 10 Rules of Success
- Star Wars (John Williams Is The Man) a cappella tribute medley song – Corey Vidal and Moosebutter
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
- Read more from Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Topics of Discussion:
|Dom’s memory of John Williams||03:33.4|
|The importance of movie music||08:57.9|
|John William’s beginning||11:58.6|
|Close Encounters of the Third Kind||15:57.8|
|Empire Strikes Back||25:46.8|
|NBC Nightly News||28:40.7|
|The Boston Pops||30:25.9|
|Raiders of the Lost Ark||31:48.0|
|Empire of the Sun||46:44.1|
|Saving Private Ryan||58:00.5|
|Catch Me If You Can||08:16.2|
|The Force Awakens||21:56.6|
|The Last Jedi||27:25.9|
|Memoirs of a Geisha||36:09.4|
|John Williams’ 10 Rules for Success||38:28.7|
|John Williams’ Legacy||39:43.1|