TEC018: Facebook is making big changes to the News Feed, Messenger, and Instagram, but as Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Andrew Kinstetter, and Pat Scott discuss them, the worst idea is Secret Crushes. Plus health apps sharing your private data and picks of the week.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The 5 biggest announcements from Facebook’s F8 developer conference keynote – The Verge
- Facebook is redesigning its core app around the two parts people actually like to use – The Verge
- Why Facebook is making a big bet on Messenger – The Verge
- Mental Health and Quitting-Smoking Apps Are Sharing Your Secrets
- Apps to help quit smoking – why you need to use with care – 9to5Mac
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Pat: AT&T Call Protect
- How to stop robocalls, block numbers on your iPhone, Android and even landline
- Fr. Andrew: Kim Komando
- Dom: Sun Joe Manual Reel Mower