TEC023:Calls for regulating or even breaking up big technology firms–in the areas of ecommerce, social media, hardware, and more–have been coming with greater frequency from all across the political spectrum. Dom Bettinelli, Joanne Mercier, and Fr. Cory Sticha the problem as described, the solutions proposed, and the pros and cons of what could result.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Overthrow the Prince of Facebook, by Peggy Noonan (WSJ) (paywall)
- Google won’t renew its U.S. Defense Department contract in 2019
- Amazon workers want to ditch fossil fuel companies – Houston Chronicle
- Apple and Google App-Store Dominance Gives DOJ Antitrust Fodder
- Elizabeth Warren pledges to break up Facebook, Google and Amazon
- How to stop the ‘woke’ social media censors
- Tech Insider Blows Whistle on How Pinterest Listed Top Pro-Life Site as Porn, “Bible Verses” Censored – Project Veritas
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Cory: OWC Aura SSD Upgrade Kit for Macs
- Joanne: T-Mobile Magenta Unlimited 55 plans
- Dom: American Red Cross Emergency apps