WHO130: The 2nd Doctor visits the Lost Civilization of Atlantis where a 20th-century madman plans to destroy the world. Jimmy Akin, Dom Bettinelli, and Fr. Cory Sticha discuss the quality of the story itself and how the special effects of the time may have held it back, the ease with which new Companion 18th century Scotsman Jamie joins in, and whether it’s cautionary tale about religion vs. science or just against superstition.
Help us continue to offer the Secrets of Doctor Who. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The video about the TV pirate hijacking of Doctor Who in Chicago back in the 1980s as discussed in the feedback in this episode. (Content warning: There is a brief sophomoric antic of someone having their bare bottom smacked in the original hijack video.)
- Leave us a review on iTunes!
- You can watch most Classic Doctor Who on Britbox, which is a subscription service, but some must be purchased separately on iTunes or Amazon. (SQPN has no affiliation with Britbox.)
- Purchase books, Blu-rays, and more at the Secrets of Doctor Who store.
- Check out Jimmy Akin’s regular blog and Doctor Who blog Let’s Watch Doctor Who, Fr. Cory Sticha’s web site and Dom Bettinelli’s blog.
- Join the conversation at the Secrets of Doctor Who Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]