MYS054: 50 years ago, Charles Manson’s “family” committed the murders that made him infamous. Why did he do it? Greed? An insane plot to end the world? Or was there another more pedestrian reason? Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss the evil events and the theories surrounding them (without getting into the gruesome details.)
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Vincent Bugliosi’s book “Helter Skelter”
- Susan Atkins’s book “The Myth of Helter Skelter”
- Charles “Tex” Watson’s book “Manson’s Right-Hand Man Speaks Out”
- Bobby Beausoleil interview (crude language)
- Interview with Manson’s son Michael
- “Helter Skelter” TV movie
- Wikipedia on the Manson Family
- Wikipedia on Charles Manson
- Wikipedia on what a helter skelter actually is
- Information on Bernard “Lotsapoppa” Crow
- Information on Gary Hinman
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
- Alabama Crop-Circle Makers Caught & Charged with Criminal Mischief Felony
- Whistleblowing “Time Traveler” Admits Hoax