MYS061: Fifty-eight years ago, a New England couple was driving home when they sighted something strange in the sky, an event which eventually made Betty and Barney Hill the first widely reported UFO abduction. In the first of two episodes, Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli review the evidence regarding their experience.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Karl Pflock’s 2007 book (about 2000 symposium), “Encounters at Indian Head: The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Abduction Revisited”
- Kathleen Marden & Stanton Friedman’s 2007 book, “Captured: The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience”
- John Fuller’s 1966 book, “The Interrupted Journey”
- Kathleen Marden’s web site on Betty and Barney Hill
- Wikipedia on Betty and Barney Hill
- Betty’s original, hand-drawn star map
- Marjorie Fish’s interpretation of the star map
- Barney’s original, hand-drawn sketch of the alien leader (with cap)
- Painting of the alien made with the Hills’ input
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback