MYS060: In 1846, two French children reported an apparition of the Virgin Mary, who gave them warnings for the world and secrets for the children. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli look at the approval of the apparition by the local bishop and the controversy that has continued to this day.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Bishop William Ullathorne’s book “The Holy Mountain of La Salette”
- Sandra Zimdars-Swartz’s book “Encountering Mary”
- The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s 1978 document on evaluating apparitions
- Vatican document “The Message of Fatima”
- Catholic Encyclopedia article on La Salette
- Our Lady of La Salette
- Melanie Calvat
- Maximin Giraud
- Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette
- Missionaries of La Salette
- The Original Secrets of La Salette
- 1879 Modified Version of Melanie’s Secret
- Jimmy Akin’s article “La Salette: Sorting Fact from Fiction”
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
- Mysterious Flare from the Black Hole at the Center of Our Galaxy
- “Ghost Hunter Defense” Used in English Burglar Case