TEC039: American tech companies are bowing to Communist China’s demands. Dom, Fr. Cory, and Joanne discuss how we as tech consumers and Catholics should respond and react. Plus are our selfies revealing too much personal information and the new Google Pixel phones.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Apple removes app that tracks Hong Kong police and protestors – Naked Security
- Apple Sells Out Pro-Democracy Protesters in Hong Kong to Appease Chinese Government
- Daring Fireball: Tim Cook's Company-Wide Memo on HKmap.live Doesn't Add Up
- Apple removes Quartz news app from the Chinese App Store over Hong Kong coverage
- Stalker found pop star by searching eyes’ reflections on Google Maps – Naked Security
- The reflections in a pop star’s eyes told a selfie stalker exactly how to find her – The Verge
- Here are some real-world samples of Deep Fusion on an iPhone 11 | iMore
- Pixel 4 and 4 XL: hands-on with Google’s new phones – The Verge
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week: