MYS076: It’s time for more weird questions with Jimmy Akin, including this time new books in the Bible; Heaven on another planet; impeaching the Pope; time travel & the Eucharist; marrying aliens; zombie apocalypses; and more.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Weird Questions in this Episode:
- How does the Church view books like 3 Maccabees, the Prayer of Manasseh, Psalm 151, or the Greek Ezra (which are found in Bibles of the Byzantine tradition)? Was there ever an official statement or teaching on these other works which were sometimes in the Bible?
- Is it possible that God has placed heaven, or the New Earth of Revelation, on a planet in another galaxy?
- Could the pope make a canon law that allowed for impeachment of a pope?
- Could intelligent non-human aliens receive the Eucharist?
- Assuming time travel is possible and a priest and his parishioners are transported back to a time before the Incarnation of Christ. Since the Last Supper hadn’t happened yet in the natural timeline, is it possible to have a valid eucharistic consecration?
- Why wouldn’t there be marriage in the age to come? Will the sex organs on our resurrected bodies not work?
- If you can have a nihil obstat for books, why doesn’t the Church have a similar system for speakers and Catholic teachers?
- Can a priest give himself confession if he is in a state of mortal sin and needs to say Mass and receive the Eucharist?
- How did the animals get to places like Australia after the Great Flood?
- If we found another sentient species (on earth or on another planet), would it be a violation of natural or moral law for a human to marry and/or procreate with that being?
- Will God allow a zombie apocalypse possible to happen? Will killing a helpless, disabled, and starving zombie be criminal or immoral?
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback