TEC045: Plant-based meat products are a hot, new technology, but are they morally and ethically superior? Dom Bettinelli, Joanne Mercier, and Jack Baruzzini discuss that and whether you could eat it on Fridays in Lent. Plus more Christmas gift ideas for your gadget geeks.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Impossible Burger: Ethics and a CNA taste test
- Plant-based burgers are “ultra-processed” like dog food, meat-backed ads say
- US tightens rules on drone use in policy update – Naked Security
- Facebook fixes iPhone camera bug – Naked Security
- Don’t trust Twitter—or any other site—with your phone number
Christmas Gift Ideas:
- Hyperjuice Charger – Kickstarter
- Echo Show 5 with Wyze 1080p indoor Smart Home Camera
- Logitech Wireless Marathon Mouse M705
- AmazonBasics Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Snap Circuits Classic SC-300 Electronics Exploration Kit
- Tripp Lite 6 Outlet Desk Clamp Surge Protector Power Strip
Picks of the Week:
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.