MYS110: It’s a fifth Friday of the month, so Jimmy Akin is answering more weird questions, including did Jesus die to save extraterrestrials, too; can we get Jesus’ DNA from Eucharistic Miracles; Is man God’s favorite creature; how many angels can dance on the head of a pin; and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Questions Covered (Time in the episode):
- 06:00 – Is there anything in Tradition or Scripture that points to man as God’s closest and favorite creature, to the extent that there may be other life forms in existence superior to us in every way except in our closeness to God’s heart?
- 09:14 – How did they keep time in New Testament times?
- 15:22 – Did Jesus die to save extraterrestrials, too?
- 19:27 – How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
- 22:43 – Was the apparition that St. Paul had on the road to Damascus a private or public revelation?
- 25:38 – Do the promises of Jesus’ return (and other associated events) give us ancillary assurance that humans will not first be totally wiped out by some other disaster?
- 31:48 – If Jesus could heal the Roman soldier’s child from a distant location, and Jesus gave the power to forgive sins, then why can’t the priests absolve someone from a distance?
- 39:51 – Why do we genuflect on the right knee, not the left?
- 42:47 – Is it possible to determine Jesus DNA from the Shroud, Holy Face of Manoppello, or Eucharistic Miracles?
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.