MYS113: In August 1945, Americans welcomed the news that Japan had surrendered and World War II would soon be over. Yet Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli reveal that a desperate last-minute coup plot by the military in the face of humiliating surrender almost derailed peace and prolonged the war.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- William Craig’s book The Fall of Japan: The Final Weeks of World War II in the Pacific
- Emperor Hirohito
- Emperor Yoshihito
- Potsdam Declaration
- Surrender of Japan
- 1945 Coup
- 1936 Coup
- 1931 Coup
- Jewel Voice Broadcast
- The Catechism on coups
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
And by Jacqueline Brown, author of The Light Series, a best-selling Catholic fiction series that will leave you asking “Who would I become if the world fell away?” Enter code MysteriousWorld at jacqueline-brown.com for 10% off.