WHO189: The 7th Doctor and Ace find the happiest totalitarian state ever. Jimmy, Dom, and Fr. Cory talk about this Orwellian Candy Land where sadness is outlawed and the punishment is death by candy in what was supposed to be a parody of Thatcherism and Margaret Thatcher.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Podcasts | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer the Secrets of Doctor Who. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- 13 Songs, 13 Doctors: “Wild Wild Vest” – 7th Doctor (Escape Club parody) – YouTube
- The Archbishop of Canterbury’s Easter Sermon that references The Happiness Patrol
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- You can watch most Classic Doctor Who on Britbox, which is a subscription service, but some must be purchased separately on iTunes or Amazon. Eighth Doctor audio stories may be purchased at Big Finish. (SQPN has no affiliation with Britbox or Big Finish.)
- Purchase books, Blu-rays, and more at the Secrets of Doctor Who store.
- Join the conversation at the Secrets of Doctor Who Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]