MYS126: Throughout history, people have been fascinated by curses, suspected others have been cursed, have wanted to curse their enemies, and wanted curses removed. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli ask what are curses, how they work, and how worried about them should we be.
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The book Ancient Christian Magic
- The book Magic in Ancient Greece and Rome
- The book Parapsychology: A Handbook for the 21st Century
- Jon Ronson’s book The Men Who Stare at Goats
- Saco River Curse
- Bucksport Witch’s Foot Curse
- Legends of Jonathan Buck
- Voodoo Dolls
- Article on Ancient Treaties Involving Curses
- Execration Texts
- Curse Tablets
- “My Name Is John Wellington Wells”
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback
- James Randi Passes at Age 92
- Animation of Somerton Man (Episode 73; thanks to Darryn McNamara of Adelaide, S. Australia)
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.