TEC108: Fleeceware are apps that trick you into spending a lot more money on them than you wanted and Dom, Joanne, and Fr. Cory discuss how to identify these apps and how to avoid them. Plus VR for seniors improves their lives, Amazon’s biometric consent, and movies back in theatres next year.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- MAMEDEV.org | Home of The MAME Project
- How to Tell If You’re Being Scammed By Fleeceware Apps
- Grandmother shocked by $1,400 in video games charges on her credit card that won’t be refunded | CTV News
- Virtual Reality Brings Joy to People in Assisted-Living Facilities | WSJ (Paywall)
- Amazon Delivery Drivers Forced to Sign ‘Biometric Consent’ Form or Lose Job
- Warner Bros. will return to theatrical releases in 2022, ending its HBO Max experiment – The Verge
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Joanne: HyperJuice Stackable GaN Charger (65W & 100W USB-C) by HYPER by Sanho Corporation — Kickstarter
- Fr. Cory: MemTest86
- Dom: Mountain for macOS
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.