ACH091: The Jesuit missionary Fr. de Smet met, befriended, and evangelized nearly every native tribe west of the Mississippi in the mid-19th century and, as Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us, was prized among nearly everyone for his joy, his wisdom, his holiness, and his tirelessness in bringing Christ to all he could meet.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Pierre-Jean de Smet
- Life, letters and travels of Father Pierre-Jean de Smet, S. J., 1801-1873
- An introduction and history of Fr. Pierre Jean De Smet, S.J.
- The Prairie of the Mass
- Father De Smet in Wyoming | WyoHistory.org
- Pierre-Jean De Smet
- The Apostle of the Rocky Mountains: Father Pierre-Jean De Smet, S.J. – Catholicism.org
- Pierre-Jean De Smet – Wikipedia
- American Catholic History pilgrimage to the Kentucky Catholic Holy Land in 2021
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac. To find other books about this and other topics covered in the podcast, please visit the American Catholic History store. Your purchases there help support the show.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.