TEC116: Dark patterns are ways that websites and software try to trick or manipulate you into a certain behavior or action. Dom Bettinelli, Thomas Sanjurjo, and Jack Baruzzini provide examples and discuss how to avoid them by educating ourselves and being careful.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow using the RSS feed | Follow using Apple Podcasts | Follow using Google Podcasts | Follow using Stitcher | Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Sheepdog and the Lawn Roomba
- Dark Patterns
- Federal Trade Commission seeking public comment on Dark Patterns
- Disney Patents Blockchain-Based Movie Distribution System to Stop Pirates * TorrentFreak
- Vizio makes nearly as much money from ads and data as it does from TVs | Engadget
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: Rockbox – Free Music Player Firmware
- Thomas: Plexamp
- Dom: HyperDock
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.