TEC126: In the future, we won’t own our gadgets; we’ll lease or rent or subscribe. Dom Bettinelli, Jack Baruzzini, and Joanne Mercier talk about the changing reality of ownership, plus dark patterns in Big Pharma and why virtual contact may be worse than none.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- In the Future, You Won’t Own Any Gadgets
- How Virtual Reality Unveiled a Unique Brain Wave That Could Boost Learning
- Tencent Uses Facial Recognition to Ban Kids Gaming Past Bedtime
- Maker of dubious $56K Alzheimer’s drug offers cognitive test no one can pass | Ars Technica
- 38% of remote workers work from bed – Axios
- Virtual contact worse than no contact for over-60s in lockdown, says study | Coronavirus | The Guardian
- How to change iPad tracking speed for your mouse or trackpad
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: Amazon certified refurbished devices
- Joanne: Brydge 12.9 Max+ wireless keyboard with trackpad for iPad Pro
- Dom: Wyze Cam Pan
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.