TEC130: Most people are renting their modems from the internet providers, but Dom, Jack, and Thomas explain how you can save a lot of money, by buying your own modem. Plus, they discuss AIs and personhood and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Give with Bing, powered by Microsoft Rewards
- How to choose the right cable modem | Tom’s Guide
- Renting vs Buying a Modem and Router | BroadbandNow.com
- Shopping for a cable modem? Read this first! – CNET
- Comcast is charging some customers $35 to own their own modem
- ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem
- Apple delays controversial child protection features after privacy outcry – The Verge
- TV streaming service Locast suspends service after court ruling – The Verge
- Australian court rules an AI can be considered an inventor on patent filings • The Register
Picks of the Week:
- Thomas: onepagerules – Wargaming made simple and fun!
- Jack: Google Pixel 5a with 5G
- Dom: Moom for macOS
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.