MYS182: It’s the day after Thanksgiving, so Cy Kellett of Catholic Answers Live is asking Jimmy Akin more weird questions from listeners, including whether Indy would have died opening the Ark; Was Emily Blunt murdering Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow; where did Jesus Y chromosome come from; and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Watch this episode and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
- 01:57 – What’s Jimmy’s favorite meal to eat on a Friday during Lent?
- 03:35 – Do I get to keep my tattoos after the Last Judgement?
- 07:00 – Apart from Jesus’ Passion, would Jesus ever have gotten sick or hurt, or would Psalm 91, which Satan quotes, apply and he would be protected? Would He have allowed Himself, Mary or an Apostle to become sick or hurt?
- 11:32 – Does the Emily Blunt character in the Tom Cruise movie “Edge of Tomorrow” commit murder every time she kills his character to restart the day?
- 17:25 – What should we make of the up and coming problem of human composting of bodies vs. Catholic burial? It is being implemented in Seattle and already approved by law there.
- 21:42 – How was the male seed provided to fertilize the egg which enabled Jesus the Christ to germinate? How was the DNA determined for the male contribution to Jesus’s zygote?
- 22:41 – What do you think the spiritual state of a Time Lord is?
- 24:24 – Given that Divine Revelation has provided us knowledge of invisible beings called angels and demons, and given that the fall of Adam is what threw the entire universe into discord, and given that all rational creatures are necessarily disposed to worship of God through the Incarnation of Christ, what possible room could there be for the existence of an unknown, unreached race of intelligent beings on other planets not accounted for by Revelation?
- 30:37 – In what sense could it be said that unicorns (or dragons or trolls or Captain Picard) exist?
- 37:01 – A Jewish friend asks me this all the time: How could the wise men have seen the star in the east if they were east of Judea?
- 39:50 – If Raiders of the Lost Ark was written to have Indy and his girlfriend open the Ark instead of the Germans would they have died in the same way the Germans did or no since they didn’t have any evil intentions with the Ark itself?
- 41:47 – I would love to hear a layman’s explanation of the immutability of God—how God is unchanging and exactly what that means for a personal God who watches over us changeable beings.
- 43:38 – What happens when you have two popes and, God forbid, the second one dies first?
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet to @mys_world
- You can also leave a voice message on the Mysterious Feedback Line at (619) 738-4515
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Catechism Class, a dynamic weekly podcast journey through the Catechism of the Catholic Church by Greg and Jennifer Willits. It’s the best book club, coffee talk, and faith study group, all rolled into one. Find it in any podcast directory.
Fiorvento Law, PLLC, specializing in adult guardianships and conservatorships, probate and estate planning matters. Accepting clients throughout Michigan. Taking into account your individual, healthcare, financial and religious needs. Visit FiorventoLaw.com
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.