MYS186: It’s Christmas, so Cy Kellett of Catholic Answers Live is asking Jimmy Akin Christmas weird questions from listeners, including how we would celebrate Christmas on other planets; when Christmas ends; how we got from St. Nick to Santa; and whether the 12 days of Christmas is a secret code; and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Watch this episode and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
- 01:46 – If Mary didn’t suffer any labor and giving-birth pain, how exactly did Jesus get out of the womb?
- 08:48 – What constitutes a “Christmas movie”? Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
- 12:48 – When does Christmas end? The 26th? New Year’s? After the octave? Twelfth Night? Epiphany? The Presentation?
- 15:44 – Is there any record anywhere of the midwives (if any) who attended Mary?
- 22:22 – If other planets were colonized, and we had to create a whole new calendar, how would we adjust Christmas?
- 26:30 – How did the character of Santa Claus evolve and what is its historical connection (if any) to St. Nicholas?
- 33:35 – Might Santa be a Time Lord? 1. Would Santa need to travel faster than lightspeed to deliver gifts to all nice Christians on Christmas Eve? If so, could that explain his longevity and his increase in mass over the centuries? 2. Does he use shrinking technology to fit through chimneys, teleportation technology to beam into houses, or some sort of quantum phase technology to render himself and his bag of presents temporarily insubstantial to pass through walls? 3. Could he use said technology to conquer the Martians?
- 50:35 – I know the so-called secret meanings of the 12 days of Christmas and what they are purported to symbolize, but what about the number of days themselves? I was told that if you add up all the days mentioned in each verse that you get on gift for every day of the year until next Christmas. Is that true?
Links for this episode:
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet to @mys_world
- You can also leave a voice message on the Mysterious Feedback Line at (619) 738-4515
- Feedback in this episode comes from
- NASA Administrator Bill Nelson Talks Navy UFOs
- Dog-Sized Aquatic Scorpion Roamed Waters off Ancient China
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Aaron Vurgason Electric and Automation at AaronV.com. Making Connections for Life for your automation and smart home needs in north and central Florida.
Catechism Class, a dynamic weekly podcast journey through the Catechism of the Catholic Church by Greg and Jennifer Willits. It’s the best book club, coffee talk, and faith study group, all rolled into one. Find it in any podcast directory.
Fiorvento Law, PLLC, specializing in adult guardianships and conservatorships, probate and estate planning matters. Accepting clients throughout Michigan. Taking into account your individual, healthcare, financial and religious needs. Visit FiorventoLaw.com
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.