SCI017: Why do we feel so sleepy after eating that holiday meal of turkey? Caroline tells Lindsay and Lino that it’s not as simple as tryptophan making you sleepy. Plus why that uniquely Australian and New Zealander dish of pavlova can be so fluffy, why peppermint candy canes make your mouth feel cold, and why flambé doesn’t burn the pudding.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Let’s Science. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Why does turkey make you sleepy? The truth about tryptophan
- Meringue: The Science Behind a Wonderfully Fluffy Dessert | Let’s Talk Science
- Why Does Peppermint Give the Illusion That Your Mouth is Cold? – The Horizon Sun
- If you enjoy Let’s Science, check out Caroline and Lindsay and Lino’s other show, Catholics of Oz.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.