TEC154: As the war in Ukraine grabs our attention, Dom Bettinelli, Joanne Mercier, and Fr. Cory Sticha discuss how tech is shaping coverage and how we can use (and not use) our tech to stay connected without doomscrolling. Plus, the FBI warns on QR codes and then more on tracking tags.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Elon Musk activates Starlink to help keep Ukraine’s internet up and running | ZDNet
- Kyiv’s Citizens Endure in Wartime | Nolan Peterson | Coffee or Die Magazine
- Google disables Maps traffic data in Ukraine to protect citizens – The Verge
- Apple Halts All Sales From Online Store in Russia [Updated] – MacRumors
- If You Scanned That QR Code From the Super Bowl (or Any QR Code), the FBI Has a Warning for You | Inc.com
- Jobfished: the con that tricked dozens into working for a fake design agency
- I Used Apple AirTags, Tiles and a GPS Tracker to Watch My Husband’s Every Move – The New York Times
- Lent 2022 Official TV Commercial | Hallow – YouTube
Picks of the Week:
- Joanne: CODA movie on AppleTV+
- Fr. Cory: Rode Microphones Wireless GO Compact Wireless Microphone System
- Dom: Tweetbot for iOS and MacOS
- Listener Mike: COSORI Mug Warmer & Coffee Cup Warmer
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.