SCI025: Telescopes have now given us our first image of the supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy. Caroline Knight tells us how we discovered there was a black hole there and the amazing story of how this incredible image was made.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Let’s Science. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- What you need to know about the Sagittarius A* black hole photo | BBC Science Focus Magazine
- Say hello to Sagittarius A*, the black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy
- Sagittarius A*: 1st photo of Milky Way black hole in images | Space
- You’ve Seen the New Image of the Milky Way’s Black Hole – Now Hear It!
- If you enjoy Let’s Science, check out Caroline and Lindsay and Lino’s other show, Catholics of Oz.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.