TEC186: We all have to deal with misinformation online, but how? Dom Bettinelli, Thomas Sanjurjo, and Fr. Cory Sticha discuss what misinfo/disinfo are, why it’s a problem, and how to combat it with charity and truth. Plus, people cutting luxuries over subscription service; Amazon’s no-mo-robos; and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Managing Misinformation – Harvard University
- 7 ways to protect yourself against misinformation | ASU News
- Why Your Newsfeed Sucks – Smarter Every Day 212 – YouTube
- Manipulating the YouTube Algorithm – (Part 1/3) Smarter Every Day 213 – YouTube
- The Twitter Bot Battle (Who is Attacking Twitter?) – Smarter Every Day 214 – YouTube
- Who is Manipulating Facebook? – Smarter Every Day 215 – YouTube
- Reddit Disinformation & How We Beat It Together – Smarter Every Day 232 – YouTube
- Instantly Debateable – YouTube
- Amazon Abandons Autonomous Home-Delivery Robot Scout in Latest Cut (AMZN) – Bloomberg
- Consumers prioritize Netflix, Amazon Prime over groceries and gas
- Apple partners with Goldman Sachs to introduce high-yield savings accounts for Apple Card holders | TechCrunch
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.