TEC212: Google’s latest announcements of new hardware and software show where personal tech is going. However, Dom Bettinelli and Jack Baruzzini discuss the ethics and philosophy of how we use that technology in general. Plus, copyright’s limitations on the internet and more.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Google I/O 2023: the nine biggest announcements – The Verge
- The Pixel Fold is Google’s $1,800 entry into folding phones – The Verge
- Google’s new Pixel Tablet is a $500 slate for the home – The Verge
- AI is coming to Google search through Search Generative Experience – The Verge
- Google Pixel 7A vs. 7 vs. 7 Pro vs. 6A: specs comparison – The Verge
- Magic Editor: At what point does computational photography just become AI generated pictures?
- Texas Dad Says ‘Find My iPhone’ Glitch is Directing Angry Strangers to his Home
- If we lose the Internet Archive, we’re screwed – The Statesman
- Hachette v. Internet Archive – Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- NASA’s Makenzie Lystrup Sworn In On Sagan’s ‘Pale Blue Dot’ – Gizmodo
- Tipping at Self-Checkout Has Customers Crying ‘Emotional Blackmail’ – The Wall Street Journal
- An archived version of the tipping article
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Jack: YYSEE Earphone Replacement Upgrade Cable with Type C Plugs
- YINYOO KZ ZSN Pro X in Ear Buds Earphones
- Dom: Stream Deck XL and Original 15 Key Stream Deck Stand – Etsy
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.