TEC213: The old way of acquiring tech was through a straightforward purchase, but in recent years, subscriptions have become the norm. Dom Bettinelli, Fr. Cory Sticha, and Joanne Mercier discuss the pros and cons of each approach, and some tech subscriptions they deem worthwhile.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen to this episode and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- My Printer Is Extorting Me
- HP Rushes to Fix Bricked Printers After Faulty Firmware Update – Slashdot
- iPhones will be able to speak in your voice with 15 minutes of training – The Verge
- Apple Responds to Report About Thieves Permanently Locking Out iPhone Users – MacRumors
- Amazon introduces new feature to make dialogue in its TV shows intelligible | Ars Technica
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Joanne: Magic Trackpad – Apple
- Fr. Cory: Brewzle – YouTube
- Dom: Anker Wireless Charging Stand, PowerWave
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.