MYS257: Michael Malloy was an Irishman living in NYC in the 1930s who left a mysterious legacy. Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli discuss his unbelievable death-defying story that earned him the nickname “Iron Mike” and “Mike the Durable.”
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Watch this episode and subscribe on YouTube
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Simon Read’s book On the House: The Bizarre Killing of Michael Malloy
- Debra Blum’s book The Poisoner’s Handbook
- Michael Malloy
- Today I Found Out on “That Time the U.S. Government Intentionally Poisoned and Killed Over 10,000 of Its Citizens”
- Earliest Confirmed Alcoholic Beverages
- Prohibition in the United States
- 18th Amendment
- Great Depression
- Double Indemnity
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet to @mys_world
- You can also leave a voice message on the Mysterious Feedback Line at (619) 738-4515
This Episode is Brought to You By:
Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World is brought to you in part through the generous support of Catechism Class, a dynamic weekly podcast journey through the Catechism of the Catholic Church by Greg and Jennifer Willits. It’s the best book club, coffee talk, and faith study group, all rolled into one. Find it in any podcast directory.
Fiorvento Law, PLLC, specializing in adult guardianships and conservatorships, probate and estate planning matters. Accepting clients throughout Michigan. Taking into account your individual, healthcare, financial and religious needs. Visit FiorventoLaw.com
Tim Shevlin’s Personal Fitness training for Catholics. Providing spiritual and physical wellness through personalized nutrition, workout, and prayer programs and daily accountability check-ins. Learn more by visiting fitcatholics.com.
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.