SCI054: The Vesuvius Challenge is a scientific competition to unravel the text on burned papyri from the ancient Roman city of Herculaneum. Lindsay Sant and Lino Saubolle discuss the first milestone in which AI was used to read a word on a scroll which can never be unrolled and what comes next.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Let’s Science. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- AI reads text from ancient Herculaneum scroll for the first time
- How the dinosaurs went extinct: asteroid collision triggered potentially deadly volcanic eruptions
- If you enjoy Let’s Science, check out Caroline and Lindsay and Lino’s other show, Catholics of Oz.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.