SCI055: Space probes have begun returning samples of asteroids to Earth so Caroline Knight shares with Lindsay Sant and Lino Saubolle the exciting news about the asteroids Bennu and Ryugu from US and Japanese space agencies.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Follow by Email | Listen and subscribe on YouTube.
Help us continue to offer Let’s Science. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Why are the Asteroid Samples Collected by NASA’s OSIRIS-REx Mission Important?
- Organic Materials Found on Asteroid Itokawa by Hayabusa Spacecraft: Implications for Astrobiology
- First Look at Ryugu Asteroid Sample Reveals It Is Organic Rich
- Moon-Sized Asteroid Could Hit Earth in the Next 159 Years: NASA
- NASA Scientists Got a Surprise When They Opened Up Sample of Bennu Asteroid Dust
- YouTube Video
- If you enjoy Let’s Science, check out Caroline and Lindsay and Lino’s other show, Catholics of Oz.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
- Be part of the StarQuest Discord community at SQPN.com/discord
Want to Sponsor A Show?
Support StarQuest’s mission to explore the intersection of faith and pop culture by becoming a named sponsor of the show of your choice on the StarQuest network. Click to get started or find out more.