In this episode: Maria Johnson, Steve Nelson, Jeff Nielsen, Fr. Cory Sticha, Sarah Vabulas, Jeff Young
All Saints’ Day; Catholic Foodie’s new book and Catholic Drinkie’s special homebrewed beer; SQPN’s Giving Campaign begins today! Holy Land trip recap; Eating in the Holy Land; All Hallows’ Eve, Halloween, and ghosts; Panelists’ ghost stories; National Vocations Awareness Week.
Links discussed during the show:
- SQPN’s Giving Campaign begins today, All Saints Day (November 1)! Go to http://sqpn.com/donate to help!
- Jeff Young’s new book, Around the Table with The Catholic Foodie: Middle Eastern Cuisine (SQPN Affiliate Link)
- Catholic Weekend Monster Mash Video from a few years ago!
- What does the Church say about ghosts?
- National Vocation Awareness Week: November 2-8, 2014
- The Little Oratory: A Beginner’s Guide to Praying in the Home (SQPN Affiliate Link)
Picks of the Week
- Maria: Pat Gohn’s latest episode (186) of Among Women: On Faith, Grace, and Prayer in Marriage and Family Life
- Steve: Fr. Stanley Rother cause for sainthood progress:Another Step Closer
- Jeff N.: Learn more about the saints at http://catholicsaints.info/ and Jennifer Fulwiler’s Saint’s name generator
- Fr. Cory: The uKeg Pressurized Growler Kickstarter
- Sarah: November 1 is Learn How to Homebrew Day! Also: buy the Catholic Foodie’s new book (SQPN Affiliate Link) and you can get your first small batch beer recipe contained therein!
- Jeff Y.: Lisa Hendey’s new book, The Grace of Yes: Eight Virtues for Generous Living (SQPN Affiliate Link)
Click here to find out where to find your favourite Catholic Weekend personalities!