In this episode: Maria Johnson, Steve Nelson, Sarah Vabulas
This episode was sponsored by Brian Mozisek, promoting Project Blue November.
Thanksgiving, Catholic Weekend style; College football parties; Black Friday: yes or no? Finding Christmas trees, live and artificial, and Christmas decorations; Celebrating Christmas traditions with the family; Musical panelists; Muppets! Advent traditions; Aging beers; using electronic devices in the kitchen; The Sisterhood; Prayers for Ferguson, Missouri; Pope Francis in Turkey.
Links discussed during the show:
- SQPN’s Giving Campaign began on All Saints Day (November 1)! Go to http://sqpn.com/donate to help!
- Fr. Cory is in the Holy Land, and he’s been recording video diaries documenting his visit: https://www.youtube.com/user/FrCorySticha
- New show: The Sisterhood: Becoming Nuns
- Papal visit to Turkey
Picks of the Week
- Maria: Jeff Young’s new book, Around the Table with The Catholic Foodie: Middle Eastern Cuisine (SQPN Affiliate Link)
- Steve: Please pray for the repose of the soul of Fr. William Skeehan, a retired priest in the Diocese of Tulsa, who passed away recently.
- Sarah: Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, which was released on 28 November, is one of Sarah’s favorite beers!
Click here to find out where to find your favourite Catholic Weekend personalities!
Subscribe to the feed | Subscribe with iTunes
OK, so Steve Nelson made an side comment about trepaning, and I said, “What?” I don’t know trepaning, so I I googled it. And I got this:
You gotta help me out here. I this website a joke, or they they really believe that it is an improvement of your health to poke a hole in your skull.
Seriously: I don’t know what to make of this.