TEC032: Google has decided that its free-wheeling internal message boards have become too political. Dom Bettinelli, Thomas Sanjurjo, and Fr. Michael Gossett discuss the limits of non-work talk at work and what may be some unintended consequences. Plus a new national robocall agreement.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Google cracks down on political speech among its workforce | Fox News
- Google spooks employee activists with new guidelines for political speech at work – The Verge
- Google Bans Catholic Speaker Matt Fradd's Talk, Says Company Silences Religious Voices | ChurchPOP
- Phone Companies Ink Deal With All 50 States And D.C. To Combat Robocalls
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Email us feedback or comments to [email protected]
Picks of the Week:
- Fr. Michael: Dark Noise app for iOS
- Thomas: Blender3D
- Dom: Nest S3000BWES Nest Protect 2nd Gen Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Battery