ACH010: Demetrius Gallitzin was born a Russian Orthodox prince and died an American Catholic priest, the second to be ordained in the United States. Tom and Noëlle Crowe explore how this man of God underwent this remarkable transformation and left his indelible mark on western Pennsylvania.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin, Wikipedia
- Canonization site for Servant of God Demetrius Gallitzin
- 1945 comic book on the life of Fr. Gallitzin
- A Memoir on the Life and Character of the Rev. Prince Demetrius A. De Gallitzin: Founder of Loretto and Catholicity, in Cambria County, Pa;, Apostle of the Alleghanies (Classic Reprint)
- Life of Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin, Prince and Priest
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]