ACH025: Fr. Leo Heinrichs was a Franciscan martyred during Mass in his Colorado parish in 1908. Tom and Noëlle Crowe reveal the story of this humble German friar who was slain by an anti-Catholic anarchist during Holy Communion and at the feet of a statue of Our Lady, where he had said he would choose to die.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- FATHER LEO HEINRICHS: PRIEST OF THE EUCHARIST
- San Francisco Call 24 February 1908 — California Digital Newspaper Collection
- 108 Years Ago, This Priest's Murder at Mass Shocked the U.S.
- Leo Heinrichs, O.F.M. – Protomartyr of Colorado 1867-1908
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]