ACH027: You may know his name as director of It’s A Wonderful Life, but as Tom and Noëlle Crowe reveal, Frank Capra was a talented Catholic storyteller dedicated to revealing the truths of the Gospel through the cinema and thus created an enduring character that remains part of Christmas traditions today.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The Catholic Vision of Frank Capra
- Frank Capra vs. the Devil
- On Religion – After 70 years, It's (still) a Wonderful (Catholic) Life in Frank Capra's epic – Columns
- Frank Capra – Wikipedia
- Resolved by Faith: Frank Capra
- Capra's Comedy of Triumph | EWTN
- Frank Capra’s Forgotten Christmas Classic
- Frank Capra made It’s A Wonderful Life after an experience of deepening faith | Catholic Strength
- New Again: Frank Capra – Interview Magazine
- The "People"
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]