MYS075: The Bible says, that when Jesus was born in Bethlehem, wise men (or in Greek, “magi”) came from the East to find Him. As we begin to celebrate Christmas, Jimmy Akin and Dom Bettinelli explore the mystery of who these magi were; whether they were kings; if there was just three of them; what a magi was; and how they knew to come look for Jesus.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email
Help us continue to offer Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Jack Finegan’s book Handbook of Biblical Chronology
- Andrew Steinmann’s book From Abraham to Paul
- Francesca Rothberg’s book The Heavenly Writing: Divination, Horoscopy, and Astronomy in Mesopotamian Culture
- Michael Molnar’s book The Star of Bethlehem
- Jimmy’s article “Mysteries of the Magi”
- Jimmy on the star of Bethlehem
- Jimmy responds to a star of Bethlehem skeptic
- Mysterious World on astrology
- Mysterious World on when Jesus was born
- Rick Larson’s The Star of Bethlehem documentary
- Jimmy gives cautions on The Star of Bethlehem documentary
- Please spread the word about the podcast. Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Purchase the books and other material from this and other episodes at the Mysterious World Bookstore.
- Join the conversation at the Starquest Facebook page and the Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World Facebook page.
- Send your feedback or comments to [email protected] or send a tweet with the hashtag of #mysteriousfeedback