ACH026: St. Mary Cathedral in Galveston is the Mother Church of the Catholic Church in Texas. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell the story of St. Mary’s and of Catholics in Galveston, who endured together through rapid growth and upheaval, fatal epidemics, and devastating storms.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Subscribe using the RSS feed | Subscribe using Apple Podcasts | Subscribe using Google Play | Subscribe using Stitcher | Subscribe by Email.
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- The 1900 Storm – Galveston, Texas
- Mother church of Texas, Mary statue begins months-long restoration effort
- 1900 Galveston hurricane – Wikipedia
- ST. MARY'S ORPHANAGE, GALVESTON | The Handbook of Texas Online| Texas State Historical Association (TSHA)
- St. Ursula's By The Sea – Remembering Ursuline Academy | Galveston Monthly Magazine
- 10 sisters of Congregation of the Sisters of Charity lost lives in Galveston Hurricane of 1900–Aleteia
- If you like American Catholic History, you may also enjoy The American Catholic Almanac.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
- Join the conversation at the StarQuest Facebook page.
- Send us your feedback or comments at [email protected]