TEC047: With the recent news about Ring cameras being “hacked”, Dom Bettinelli, Thomas Sanjurjo, and Fr. Michael Gossett discuss where the responsibility for security lies, with owners or manufacturers. Plus, bone marrow donor chimaerism, the Far Side online, and Apple Watch helps an autistic child.
Help us continue to offer Secrets of Technology. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- How Hackers Are Breaking Into Ring Cameras – VICE
- Amazon Ring police partnerships rise nationwide
- Inside the Podcast that Hacks Ring Camera Owners Live on Air – VICE
- When a DNA Test Says You’re a Younger Man, Who Lives 5,000 Miles Away – The New York Times
- The Far Side is officially online for the first time, with new comics to come – The Verge
- Dad on How Apple Watch Noise App Helped Son with Autism | PEOPLE.com
Picks of the Week:
Disclaimer: Hosts, panelists, and guests may have a financial interest in the companies discussed through investments or other means. Their opinions and recommendations are not affected and do not present a conflict of interest. We offer this statement in the interest of full disclosure.