ACH038: At the beginning of the 20th century, Polish Catholics in Milwaukee planned to build a massive new church for their community. Tom and Noëlle Crowe tell us construction was set to begin when they discovered Chicago’s federal building was for sale. They just had to move it from one city to another.
Get all new episodes automatically and for free:
Help us continue to offer American Catholic History. Won’t you make a pledge at SQPN.com/give today?
Links for this episode:
- Basilica of St. Josaphat – Wikipedia
- History of the Basilica – The Basilica of St. Josaphat – Milwaukee, WI
- 8 things you didn’t know about The Basilica of St. Josaphat – OnMilwaukee
- About The Basilica – St. Josaphat Foundation
- Basilica of Saint Josaphat | Encyclopedia of Milwaukee
- Erhard Brielmaier – Wikipedia
- Chicago Post Office and Custom House